If you are a student, you have two opportunities to be an active participant of the 2018 Brussels Cello Festival!
Application Deadline: 1 September 2018
Application Fee: 20 Euros
Arrival: 10 October 2018
Departure: 14 October 2018
Age limit: Age 29 and younger
1. Masterclasses - If you wish to present yourself in the public Masterclass given by Paul Katz (13 Oct) or Pieter Wispelwey (14 Oct), you must send a high-quality video recording of at least 2 contrasting works (e.g. one movement of a Bach Suite and one movement of a concerto or sonata).
- Please send a minimum of 20 minutes of performance
- There are 4 student spots available per Masterclass teacher
- Each student will have about 45 minutes on stage with the Masterclass teacher
- We are also happy to announce that these Masterclasses will be streamed online at www.cellobello.com!
2. Festival cello orchestra - If you wish to perform in the Closing Concert as a member of the cello orchestra alongside the 2018 Festival Artists, please also send the same high-quality video recording of at least 2 contrasting works (e.g. one movement of a Bach Suite and one movement of a concerto or sonata).
- Please send a minimum of 10 minutes of performance
- The number of students selected for this cello orchestra piece depends on the level of playing and space availability
- The 8 students selected for the Masterclasses are automatically confirmed participants of the Closing Concert cello orchestra (14 Oct at 15:00)
*Please email your CV and video links to email@example.com
*Please attach at least one recommendation letter from a current/former teacher.
*Please put in the email Subject Line : STUDENT APPLICATION - (your name here)
*Your application is only valid with the confirmation of payment to the following account:
Belgium Cello Society
BE79 3631 7580 2133
(Please make sure to include "STUDENT FEE" and your "FULL NAME" as a part of the transfer to identify your application payment)
Selected students of the 2018 Brussels Cello Festival must attend all rehearsals scheduled between 10-14 October (exact schedule to be emailed in late September).
Even if you are not selected to participate in the Masterclasses or the Closing concert, you will still receive a Full-Access student pass to every concert of the 2018 Brussels Cello Festival!
We look forward to hearing your recordings - happy practicing!