If you are a student, you can now apply for any of the 2019-2020 BCS masterclasses!
Application Deadline: 15 November 2019
Application Fee: 30 euros (for 1-2 professors); 50 euros (for 3-4 professors)
Age limit: Age 29 and younger
22 DEC - Young-Chang CHO
18 JAN - Frans HELMERSON
14 MAR - Marie HALLYNCK
28 MAR - Gary HOFFMAN
- Please send a high-quality video recording of at least 2 contrasting works (e.g. one movement of a Bach Suite and one movement of a concerto or sonata).
- Please upload your videos and send us the two links.
- Please send a minimum of 20 minutes of performance.
- There are 6-8 student spots available per Masterclass professor.
- Students can apply for as many professors as desired (your videos will be sent to each requested professor)
- Selected students will have 1 hour on stage with the Masterclass professor.
- Selected students must attend their professor’s Masterclass sessions in full.
- Selected students must attend their professor’s recital in full.
- Thanks to the generosity of the KCB and BCS, each selected student is also entitled to request 1 sponsored lesson from any of the following teachers : Han Bin Yoon, Artistic Director / Jeroen Reuling / Viviane Spanoghe / Olsi Leka
*Please email your CV and video links to firstname.lastname@example.org
*Please attach at least one recommendation letter from a current/former teacher.
*Please put in the email Subject Line : STUDENT APPLICATION - (your name here)
*Your application is only valid with the confirmation of payment to the following account:
Belgium Cello Society
BE79 3631 7580 2133
(Please make sure to include "STUDENT FEE" and your "FULL NAME+PROFESSOR NAME" as a part of the transfer to identify your application payment)
*Accepted students will be requested to transfer the remaining 70 euros (per professor) to reserve their place as an active participant in the class of their chosen professor
Even if you are not selected as an active participant in the Masterclasses, each applicant will be given entrance to that professor’s recital.
We look forward to hearing your recordings - happy practicing!